I’m a business manager of a multi-million dollar business and I manage my branch as if it were my own business, with full P&L accountability.
Assistant Branch Manager
As an Assistant Branch Manager, I support the Branch Manager in the daily operations of the branch. I supervise other team members in providing brilliant service to our customers and ensuring the smooth running of incoming customer queries and requests. I am passionate about sales and consider myself as a product guru, and enjoy sharing my knowledge with the team and our customers.
As a Sales Representative, my role is to build and develop strong relationships with our customers within my branch’s territory. I thrive on ensuring that our customers’ first choice of supply is A-I, and I enjoy selling and being face to face with the customer each day. My performance is measured on sales budget targets, development of new business and growth of existing business. I love the technology we have to support us in our roles, our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and eCommerce electronic catalogue. I’m driven to succeed and am rewarded accordingly.
Automotive Parts Interpreter
As an Automotive Parts Interpreter, my role is to answer customer’s sales and product enquiries, via phone and at the counter. I am the first point of contact for a customer when they make contact with our branch, so it is important that I use my auto-electrical and sales experience to provide them with a prompt, accurate solution. I enjoy this role because I get to learn about new products so that I can help customers with their needs and help them solve their problems.
As a Storeperson, the main focus of my role is to ensure that our customers receive the right parts in a timely manner. I receipt and put away all inward goods and ensure that all outward goods are picked, packed and dispatched in an accurate and efficient manner.
Keeping a business on the leading edge requires a strong foundation and our support office is just that. Support Office provides the necessary support for the branch network to deliver quality service to our customers. The functional areas based in Support Office are:
- Finance – management and financial accounting, business analytics and accounts receivable
- National Sales – sales management, business development, and sales support across various channels including wholesale, reseller, mining, export and industrial
- Marketing – our marketing, e-commerce and graphic design professionals coordinate all company marketing initiatives and collateral to ensure our sales team have the right tools and information for our customers
- Commercial Operations – assist with business operations including business analytics and reporting, e-commerce tools, set-up or refurbishment of property, and equipment maintenance
- Product & Procurement – large team of product experts and commercially savvy individuals, ensuring that we have the right product for our customers, ahead of the market (Category Manager, Product Manager, Research & Applications Officers, Administration)
- Supply Chain – ensuring the product arrives from our suppliers, locally or internationally, on time to our branches ready for sale to our customers
- Human Resources & Safety – assist employees and Managers throughout the employee life cycle including recruitment and onboarding, performance coaching, safe work culture and practices, learning and development programs, recognition and reward initiatives, internal communications, policy, procedures and employee entitlements